Getting the calculator
- Navigate to http://app.convertcalculator.co
- Go to the editor of your calculator by clicking on your calculator's title.
- Click on the button "Embed on your website" in the top of the page.
- Click on the code found in the pane and copy it.
Displaying the calculator
- If you are not in the page editor of the page where you want to integrate the calculator in head over there by clicking on the page title in the left sidebar
- When you move your mouse over your page's content, a black menu appears called "Page Content", click on "Edit".
- Go to the place you want to embed the calculator, click on the black "drop" to add a "Content Block". Select the "Code" content block.
- Paste the embed script (copied in step 4 of "Getting the calculator") in the content block. Replace existing code. Make sure that the "Display Source" checkbox is NOT checked and the language is set to HTML.
Important: Scripts are disabled in preview mode. This means that, while editing page content, the calculator will not be visible. To view the calculator you need to save your content, exit the editor an refresh the page.
Congratulations! You now have a working web calculator on your website.
The calculator works when I refresh the page, but not when I navigate to it.
This probably happens because of AJAX loading. You need to disable this to get it working. To disable AJAX, you need to do the following in the Squarespace Editor:
- In the Home Menu, click Design, and then click Style Editor.
- Scroll down to Site: Loading.
- Uncheck Enable Ajax Loading.
Also see this guide: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000253288-Ajax-loading
Are you have trouble with embedding a calculator on your website? Don't hesitate to contact us by sending a chat message (via the bubble in the bottom right corner).